"...to enclose the present moment; to make it stay; to fill it fuller and fuller, with the past, the present and the future, until it shone, whole, bright, deep with understanding."

Virgina Woolf, The Years


14.12.11

Las horas IX - To Squeeze the Universe into a Ball

Do I dare
Disturb the Universe?
And how should I begin?
And should I then presume?

Should I, after tea and cakes and ices,
Have the strenght to force the moment to its crisis?

And would it have been worth it, after all,
After the cups, the marmalade, the tea,
Among the porcelain, among some talk of you and me,
Would it have been worth while,
To have bitten off the matter with a smile,
To have squeezed the universe into a ball
To roll it towards some overwhelming question,

To say: "I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all."
No! I am no prophet. I am not Prince Hamlet.
Am an attendant Lord; almost, at times, the Fool.

Would it have been worth while
If one, settling a pillow by her head,
Should say, "That is not what I meant at all;
That is not it, at all."


Fragmentos de "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock", de T. S. Elliot.

No hay comentarios: